Friday, April 4, 2008

WHY I BLOG

To tell you the truth, I blog because I am humble. This may sound funny to some, but to those of you who know me well, you know this is true. The fact is, I was noticing that I was pretty much taking over my family's blog and I thought to myself, "This just isn't right." My mom was out of control, posting this picture and that video and they were all of me! How fair is that? But to be fair to all, there will be plenty of me on this blog.

Just so you know, nobody accused me of being a family blog hog. I came to this conclusion on my own. So, like I just said, don't count on seeing me too often on my family blog - on that blog I'll go back to where I am most comfortable - just tagging along, grabbing discarded toys, and thrilled to be thrown a crumb now and then. But I am a blogger. This you will see.

4 other reasons I blog: I thought about my lovely sister, Anna, who does nothing but serve me day and night and here I am taking her spotlight again. She sings to me, she writes books about me, she even changes my diapers. Then there is my cool brother, Josh, who has made it his mission to teach me how to be a man. And what a fine specimen of a man he is. I was taking away precious photo space that could have been his and his alone. Not to mention my twin sisters, I mean CLAIRE and ELIZA (I mustn't lump them - they are two separate and distinct human beings) who have had to share since the minute they arrived. Not to mention all I owe to Eliza for teaching me the finer art of walking.

The final reason is because of my Dad. He has always said I was brilliant and that I was destined to do something smart-like based on my genius I.Q. (Yes, they already had me tested and I take courses at Sylvan, as well.)So, Dad, here's to you. I'm a blogger. Bloggers are smart-like.

Please feel free to comment on my photographs and thoughts anytime.

2 comments:

luke g said...

Shouldn't a "luke" blog have UNCLE luke pics? and comments?

just wondering...

signed,

anonymous

Amy & Greg said...

Ditto to what Luke G said, though I can't imagine who that is! I love that you have a blog for Luke. Maybe we should rename our blog Andrew's blog, but then I don't want to keep that up when number 2 comes along. Yikes!! Sarah, you are SOOOO creative!